Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Book One, Chapter Fifteen Exceprt

Hey readers! Well like I said I am going to do another blog post tonight, well two posts actually. So the first of the two I am going to do is a Book Excerpt. Tonight's excerpt is coming from Sorcerer's Stone on Chapter Fifteen! Remember though that I do not own any of the rights to Harry Potter books or anything! Jo and her publisher's of course own all the rights to the book please do not forget this, as I do not want to get into trouble. I just want to put this on here for all of you Harry Potter fans to enjoy a little excerpt from the books we all love. Enjoy!

BOOK EXCERPT:

HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE

CHAPTER 15

THE FORBIDDEN FOREST

Things couldn't have been worse.
Filch took them to Professor McGonagall's study on the first floor, where they sat and waited without saying a word to each other. Hermione was trembling. Excuses, alibis, and wild-cover-up stories chased each other around Harry's brain, each more feeble than the last. He couldn't see how they were going to get out of trouble this time. They were cornered. How could they have been so stupid as to forget the Cloak? There was no reason on earth that Professor McGonnagall would accept for their being out of bed and creeping around the school in the dead of night, let alone being up the tallest Astronomy Tower, which was out-of-bounds except for classes. Add Norbert and the Invisibility Cloak, and they might as well be packing their bags already.
Had Harry thought that things couldn't have been worse? He was wrong? He was wrong. When Professor McGonagall appeared, she was leading Neville.
"Harry!" Neville burst out, the moment he saw the other two. "I was trying to find you to warn you, I heard Malfoy saying he was going to catch you, he said you had a drag-"
Harry shook his head violently to shut Neville up, but Professor McGonagall had seen. She looked more likely to breathe fire than Norbert as she towered over the three of them.
"I would never have believed it of any of you. Mr. Filch says you were up in the Astronomy Tower. It's one o'clock in the morning. Explain yourselves."
It was the first time Hermione had ever failed to answer a teacher's question. She was staring at her slippers, as still as a statue.
"I think I've got a good idea of what's been going on," said Professor McGonagall. "It doesn't take a genius to work it out. You fed Draco Malfoy some cock-and-bull story about a dragon, trying to get him out of bed and into trouble. I've already caught him. I suppose you think it's funny that Longbottom here heard the story and believed it, too?"
Harry caught Neville's eye and tired to tell him without words that this wasn't true, because Neville was looking stunned and hurt. Poor, blundering Neville-Harry knew what it must have cost him to try and find them in the dark, to warn them.
"I'm disgusted," said Professor McGonagall. "Four students out of bed in one night! I've never heard of such a thing before! You, Miss Granger, I thought you had more sense. As for you, Mr. Potter, I thought Gryffindor meant more to you than this. All three of you will receive detentions-yes, you too, Mr. Longbottom, nothing gives you the right to walk around school at night, especially these days, it's very dangerous- and fifty points will be taken from Gryffindor."
"Fifty?" Harry gasped-they would lose the lead, the lead he's won in the last Quidditch match.
"Fifty points each," said Professor McGonagall, breathing heavily through her long, pointed nose.
"Professor-please-"
"You can't-"
"Don't tell me what I can and can't do, Potter. Now get back to bed, all of you. I've never been more ashamed of Gryffindor students."
A hundred and fifty points lost. That put Gryffindor in last place. In one night, they'd ruined any chance Gryffindor had for the House Cup. Harry felt as though the bottom had dropped out of his stomach. How could they ever make up for this?

Well I am hoping you all enjoyed that Book Excerpt that I have chosen for today! Thanks again for remaining to be loyal to Potter's Army! I will do another random Harry Potter post later on tonight! Again I am hoping that you enjoyed this post, and will continue to enjoy Potter's Army in the future!

Hpfan7

No comments:

Post a Comment