Friday, December 31, 2010

Jim Broadbent is Horace Slughorn




Well Happy New Years Eve, and in some people's case HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2010 is almost (and is) done and gone! Lots of Harry Potter things have happened in these past months of 2010! First theme park for Harry Potter has opened up, Deathly Hallows Part One was released, Filming is over, and Warner Brothers bought the studio where the Harry Potter films were made!!! That is not what I am here to talk about today for though! That will be tomorrow. Today I am here to talk about Jim Broadbent, and not 2010 being over. I will indeed though talk all about the key major Harry Potter events that happened in 2010 tomorrow, since tomorrow will be 2011 in my country! So now lets get to today's blog post.

Jim Broadbent is a actor in many films, but why he is here on Potter's Army is because in the Harry Potter films he plays Horace Slughorn! Horace Slughorn appears in the Harry Potter world in the 6th book, the Half-Blood Prince! We learn he is a retired Hogwarts Professor, and is hiding in Muggle homes on the run from Death Eaters. Professor Dumbledore recruits him back into teaching to take a memory from him that Dumbledore and Harry need to discover the truth about Horcruxes! We also know that he is the Potions Master at Hogwarts School, NOT the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Now Jim Broadbent is brought into the films of course in the 6th movie, that was released on July 15th, 2009! When I first discovered he was going to be the actor that would play Professor Slughorn, I was a little concerned he wasn't going to fit the part because he didn't fit the description Jo had described him in the book. I WAS TOTALLY WRONG! Jim does an amazing amazing job playing Professor Slughorn! He just fits the part. He was funny, dimwitted at times, and he is a really really good actor! I really liked the Aragog scene with Hagrid and Harry! I really liked it though when it was just him and Harry talking about Harry's mom, and then transforms into the Horcruxes. That scene in the movie was just really emotional I thought. I loved the little added story they put in there about the flower pedal and the fish bowl. It just added an emotional grab to Horace's and Lilly's relationship! It was a really good scene! Another thing I really liked about Jim's performance in the Harry Potter film is that he made is character likable! When reading the book, I didn't know weather to like him or hate him, but after seeing the movie I have based my thoughts and I like his character if you get what I am trying to say. ;) Ha, so what do you think about Jim Broadbent's performance as Horace? What were your favorite parts with him in Half-Blood Prince? Also do you like the character Horace Slughorn or not (if you know what I mean)?

Well I hope you liked today's Blog Post! I will not be doing another one for today because I have an intense New Years Eve/New Years party tonight to be doing! Ping Pong, Video games, and Pirates movies! Look for a post tomorrow though! It will be about 2010. Everything that happened in that year having to do with Harry Potter. Any question, comments, or you have a Blog Post you'd like on Potter's Army just email me at noahmarkbitney@gmail.com with them attached. I love you get all of your feedback! So thank you for reading today's post though, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it for you!!!!

Hpfan7

P.S.
196 days left until Part Two!!!!! :D

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment