Saturday, January 1, 2011

@Paigepotterx3's Post about the Wizarding World experience

Wizarding World of Harry Potter


The most amazing place in Florida would have to be The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I was lucky enough to visit this magical place on June 28th 2010, 10 days after it opened. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has two parts. There is Hogsmeade, and Hogwarts. Over at Hogsemeade, the two rides are the Dragon Challenge and Flight of The Hippogriff. There are also various shops, such as the Ollivanders( Which is also an interactive wand choosing the wizard experience), Zonko’s, The Owl Post, Dervish and Banges, and Honeydukes. Over near the Castle is Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, it an amazing motion ride and connected to the castle is Filches Emporium of Confiscated Goods. There are two restaurants, The Three Broomsticks and Hogs Head Pub. My adventure to this picture perfect place was an interesting one. My mother and I got two-two park passes. We decided to walk over to Universal first that was a good idea on our parts. NO LINES FOR ANYTHING, we rode Jaws, Men in Black, ET, and The Mummy with 5 minute lines at the latest. Once we were finished with Universal we thought we would head over to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We got in line at the Entrance to the Jurassic Park part of the Park. We stood in line for an hour and a half. It was scorching out, I live in Florida so I’m used to the heat but I felt bad for all the foreigners that were there. Once I finally caught glimpse of the castle from the tree’s my heart started to flutter, here I was about to enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. A dream I have been waiting for since I was 3rd grade, the first time I picked up a Harry Potter book. Boy, it was amazing. Over the course of two days, I rode the Forbidden Journey 5 times, Dragon Challenge twice, and bought Ron Weasley’s wand, a Slytherin pillow and blanket, two collector mugs I had butterbeer in, a Quidditch shirt with Potter’s name and number on it, some pins and a necklace. The hours of waiting in line for rides, shops, and food was completely worth it. I hope all the Harry Potter fans will get to visit this place.

Some tips I came across:

Please do not be surprised at some kind of lines; over Christmas break it was still an hour and a half to enter the park.

Butterbeer tastes better cold, not frozen. A souvenir mug is $10 and a little plastic cup is $7.50?

Ollivander’s only chooses one person out of twenty to be chosen by a wand.

After you ride the Forbidden Journey once, and walked through Hogwarts you can re enter through Filches shop and go through the single rider line to save load of time.

In the girls bathroom you can hear Moaning Myrtle :P

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment