Monday, August 16, 2010

lsangeadov's Blog Post

Harry Potter Cause Blog

Going to the Beginning (by Leticia Sangeado)

As you all may know, a lot of people (including me) are doing the “From Beginning to End” this August. Well, I wanted to talk about the Sorcerer’s Stone, the very beginning of all.

I’ve read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone five times now, and I’ve read it trice even before the movie came up. I could never get tired of reading it. I actually started reading (in general) thanks to the Harry Potter books. You can’t imagine how thankful I am to JK Rowling for making those AMAZING seven books, and to introduce me into the magic that is reading and the absolute MAGIC that is all the Harry Potter World.

The first time I heard of Harry Potter was while talking to a good friend of mine that had read the first two books already. So I followed her advice and I bought the first book, and I’m honored to say it was MY first book (bought by me with my own money, so it really was a big deal). When I finished reading I was so amazed by it that the same day I finished it I bought HP and The Chamber of Secrets, the Askaban Prisoner and the Goblet of Fire, I think I read them all in about a couple of weeks. I couldn’t wait ‘till The Order of the Phoenix. So while waiting I read the other four again, twice, each.

Now back to the Sorcerer’s Stone. Then the movie came. I was sooooo excited I couldn’t wait to watch it. I loved the movie, I just hated the fact that, JKR makes perfectly clear that Harry’s got GREEN eyes and Daniel has them blue… I was shocked by that, I couldn’t believe it. But, well you can’t get everything. So I accept that little (but important) detail and move on.

I’ve watched HP and the Sorcerer’s Stone a lot of times and (honestly I don’t know why) I started thinking that it was not at all like the book, that they changed a lot of stuff. But now, and thanks to the “From Beginning To End” and to reading The Sorcerer’s Stone again and watching the movie the same day I finished it, I realized how wrong I was. Yes, they change some details, as in ALL movies inspired on books, but it actually stays on the story a lot!! Which is great right? :)

I’m so happy! Now I’ll keep reading and watching the Harry Potter movies for the “From Beginning to End”

By the way, I CAN’T WAIT FOR –HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS!!-


No comments:

Post a Comment